often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

12.11.2006

Safe in Costa Rica...




Dear Loved Ones,




I arrived safely in Costa Rica last night, Sunday Dec. 10th at around 11:30 pm. I was warmly welcomed by one of my co-leaders, Ryan Bedenkop, and spent the night at his families home right across from the YWAM base. We spent a good amount of time celebrating all of the amazing things that have happened to allow for me to be here with them now. Honestly, I still don't think I realize this is actually happening. I was also filled in on some more information about the outreach, or at least what we know at this point.


There will be 8 students traveling with Ryan, his wife Sarah Dawn, their two kids... Joshua (4), Caleb (2), and myself. We will be traveling down to Panama this wednesday. There is a new YWAM base on an island in the Bocas Del Toro province. The name of this island is Isla Bastimentos, and it is home to the Ngobe people and a Rastafari community. The base there is brand new, and we will be the first group to work with them. It will be an adventure for sure. I will update this blog again as soon as I return which should be on Dec 23rd. I also found out that the outreach will be for 3 months, not 2 months as I had thought before. I know this is where I am supposed to be, and I certainly have peace about being here. God has been so faithful already, it will be exciting to see what happens from here. I will update this again once I get back from Isla Bastimentos. Thank you all for your support during this time. I am here for a purpose, and am excited to see what God will do during my time here. Blessings


-=Andrew=-






No comments:

Post a Comment