often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

12.08.2006

Almost Time...


Once again, God has been so graceful in the way He has allowed for so much to come together in such a small amount of time. Honestly, it has been numbing to just sit in the middle of all that He has orchestrated to allow for me to head into the mission field again. The airfare costs have already been provided for through various donations! This is a miracle in itself. There was such short notice of this happening and God has already proven himself faithful in the preparations. I have referenced in earlier entries some of the many other things that have conveniently fallen into place as well. It makes me curious about what else He has in store during these next five months. I am excited to see what he is going to do with me and how I am going to be able to serve Him in these different locations. It seems that He has a purpose for me to be going out again, and this makes my blood flow. It is in serving God that I feel alive, and in following the calling He has placed in my life I feel as though I am truly living. I have been given a heart for the nations. God will remain faithful as I remain in Him. So as days speed by, and final preparations are made, although what is happening seems crazy to many I am at peace serving The Lord. He is good, always, no exceptions. Thank you to all who read this and offer your love and support. You are a part of this mission. Pray for me as you feel lead and know that your prayers make a difference. Blessings.
-=Andrew=-

1 comment:

  1. May the Lord protect and defend you.
    May He always shield you from shame.
    May you come to be
    In Israel a shining name.

    I just watched Fiddler on the Roof, and that's from it.
    Well mon copain, mon ami, mon frere dans des bras, I trust that this move will be profitable. I share my sympathies with you and the past occasions that have arisen, and I pray that this time away will be able to help sort things out. However, as you once again enter the mission field, always keep in mind that this is not a time and a place for you, but for your parishioners, for your students, for those who are lost and those who need guidance. I trust that you will not lose sight of this.

    To paraphrase Gandalf in The Hobbit:
    "You're a good man, Drew Reuss, and I'm quite fond of you. However, you are only a little man in a big world."
    I say that to everybody, but aye, in times like these, may you take up the task to amount to things greater and to answer calls that exceed the boundaries of your limitations, and may you find peace, reassurance, and purpose as you serve Christ.

    -John

    ReplyDelete