often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

3.19.2010

thorns and blue birds


I have written two posts this past week but not published either of them yet...

I am not sure why.. I think they are interesting enough and all that jazz... I am not too worried about their content... but maybe there is just going to be a better time for them to be published.... I really am not sure why I have not posted them.  I will though.  At some point.

Anyway... That lead me to write this post, which currently exists for the sole purpose of letting you (whoever you are) know that I have still been writing, just not publishing.  I am sure that all you momentum addicts out there have been going into withdrawal... so hopefully this will give you enough of a taste to get you through the cold sweats.

I am torn to write about either things that are either light hearted and simple to comment on.. or things that are quite deep.  The conflict comes because my mind has been circling around the latter, but I know it would be much more relaxing to write on the former.

I think that there are many times in our lives that we are forced to make similar decisions... we have to chose between the more difficult and emotionally consuming route, or the one that we could skip along without a care in the world.  The thing is... they very rarely will lead you to the same place.. they might lead you toward the same place, but they often times will bring you to a different destination, insight, conclusion, revelation... what have you.

When we come to these forks it is wise to assess what it is you should do... sometimes the sun stained path with flowers and blue birds is where you should frolic... At other times you need to enter into the dark crimson thorn filled wilderness and fight for every small step you struggle to take.

I think a serious problem comes when we don't take time to choose our path wisely.  If we only take the simple path we will likely not grow or develop into the dynamic person we could become... and if we only fight through the thorns, we will eventually become so wounded and bitter that the potential growth that we could have benefited from is never realized and our mangled body will likely die in the wilderness.  We need a balance.  We need discernement.

We also need community, but I am not going to elaborate on that in this post.

So.. let us examine the challenges before us and walk them out appropriately, in wisdom and with the support of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment