often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

4.21.2007

Dustin' off the passport.


Dear Loved Ones.

It has been a bit of time since the last update, a few things have happened since that time. For one, on April 17th I added one more number to my age and am now 23. Never done that before. I have continued to work with the inner-city minstry in Casco Viejo. I finished putting together another video for them and have continued building connections with different people around that area. A group of us are actually going there today to hand out our lunch to people who can't afford food on their own. I also have a update about travel plans. Due to various reasons, the journey through South America has taken on a different look from the original concept. I will be spending more time in fewer places and doing less travel than originally thought. I plan on arriving in Chile next week and spending about a month at the base in Pichilemu, about 3 hours southwest of Santiago. from there I will bus over to Argentina, very likely stopping in the border town Mendoza, Argentina, before continuing on to Buenos Aires. Right now it is seeming like the 4th of July is when I will return to Panama from Argentina. My return ticket back to "The Oasis State" (Minnesota) is still August 1st. There is a lot of time until then, and with the journey starting up again I hope that I might be put fresh in your thoughts and prayers. I could also use financial help as travelling around costs more than staying in one location. The travelling will cost around $1,000.00. I am able to pay this now, but my account will be severely lowered. If you would like to help out in that way, you can follow the link on the side of this site. Well, I am off to the City now. Please also feel free to e-mail me, as I always love hearing from you. Peace.

-=Drew=-

No comments:

Post a Comment