often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

9.12.2013

dirty teeth and headaches

  

  At my last dental appointment I was told that there is some slight staining of my teeth, and was immediately asked if I drink coffee regularly...

Guilty.  I didn't even need to think abut it... It did cause me to realize that maybe I am drinking a bit too much coffee, too often.  I think this is a very common addiction... or habit... or ritual... or flat out chemical dependency for some people.

I did a speech on the dangers of coffee during a class in college, it was heavily based off a book called "Caffeine Blues"  and I am sure it was remarkable.

Anyhow... I regularly fall victim to this toxic delicious nectar and rely on coffee too much... and then accidentally forget to drink coffee at some point and have a serious headache and a less than angelic attitude. It is always at this point I actually realize that I should probably change my habit.

Typically I do, and it lasts a little while until the cycle repeats itself.

There are tons of other parts of life that can become stained but disregarded until they cause distress.  Sometimes that can be a wake up call, other times we just brush more and keep sipping away.

hmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment