often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

3.11.2008

Homesick...


As I sit in my big office in a mega-church wannabe of a building I feel exhausted and uncomfortable. there is no dirt under my fingernails, I have a belly full of food, a mini-fridge a foot away from me, I am parasite free, I have a steady income.. all that stuff. But I am uncomfortable and entirely too homesick. I miss my Latin American homeland and am looking forward very much to the time when I will be able to return there and be refreshed, surrounded by loved ones in that distant land that feels so much like home. It is rather funny that God would call me to serve where I am currently at. It makes sense though. I have been stretched in ways I would not have otherwise been... I am totally fine being called to travel South America with faith, prayers, and a shoestring, but call me to work in the suburbs at a big ol' church.. now that is a challenge. I don't mean to sound as though I am complaining. I don't think it is as much not being content with where I am at as it is anticipating being back with my loved ones in Latin America. I do have a deep peace that offsets any desire to just head back to Panama or Argentina, and I am seeing more clearly why God has called me to serve at this church. he has been faithful in providing me with all that I need here. I am surrounded by people who love me, my co-workers in the youth dept. are amazing and I am blessed by them daily, and I am definitely growing in all of this. I have also been able to pioneer the city outreach opportunites which had been given the title "Beyond Belief's".. We just had one this last weekend and another is scheduled for April 19th hopefully working with The Fallout.. a ministry started up in Minneapolis by a former Ywammer. So to those of you in those places I long for... I miss you and love you and pray that in God's timing our paths will cross again. Well.. thanks for reading this, and may the peace of God which goes far beyond our understanding maintain your hearts and your minds through faith in Christ Jesus.

-Andres

3 comments:

  1. We miss you too, Drew!! Hopefully we will see you soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    there is no dirt under my fingernails, I have a belly full of food, a mini-fridge a foot away from me, I am parasite free, I have a steady income.. all that stuff.

    I can solve one of these problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hola esta bkn tu blog eso si deverian tener alguna guea de juegos fondo preterminados y custiones asi bkn pero bueno asi no mas son ya bueno xao cuidate pasa por mi blog

    ReplyDelete