often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

12.17.2007

Abandonment


So, I am reading this book about how messed up and broken the teens in the USA are and how it stems from this giant issue of abandonment that has swept the nation over the past decade.  The book is called "Hurt" and the author is Chap Clark.  This guy has some great insight into the sub-culture that exists in high schools around the USA, but don't take my word for it.... HURT.
Anyhow, I am about half way through the book and it has been incredibly helpful for me in understanding more about the students I have the honor of working with, as well as how some of my friends have been affected by this cultural abandonment that has impacted the current youth and my peers so fiercely.  Certainly check it out and give it a whirl.  Peace.

-Andres

1 comment: