often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

2.16.2007

Last update from Kenya....

Dear love Ones,

Our ministry portion of the outreach phase has been completed. We had the amazing opportunity to live among and minister to the Masai people. We walked long distances to peoples homes built of earth, stick, and cow dung and shred the gospel with many different people. We also had several teachings and messages at different church services. During this time over 50 people made the decision to accept Christ as their Savior, and many other seeds were planted during this time. the Masai are such a beautiful people with a very rich and vibrant culture. I hope that god continues to redeem them and that they can continue to worship God as Masai. And they do worship God.. It is amazing. A true celebration of God in their lives, a time filled with dancing, singing, and jumping for the Lord. I was honored to spend time with these people. I was even given a Masai name "Leshan" pronounced like "Ga-LATIAN". It means... "like the rain". Maybe this will be my ministry name just as Saul was changed to Paul. I hope I can live up to that name and continue to be "Leshan", bringing life to dry and dying areas. The rest of our time in Kenya will be used as a time of debriefing for the DTS students as they prepare to return back to be with their friends and family. Once again thank you for all of your prayers and support as this time of ministry comes to a rest. God has been able to do an amazing work here. As for me.. God has a plan for what I will do next.. but i am going to save that for the next update. I will be returning to Costa Rica on the 21st and from there inform you on future plans. Peace.


-= Leshan =-

No comments:

Post a Comment