often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

2.24.2007

Back In Costa Rica...... for now...

Dear friends and family,





I am back in Costa Rica, safe and sound. The outreach is complete and the students are now graduates. They will be heading out over the next days and weeks. All of them have different homess to return to and have been away from their family and friends for a long time. I also have some plans for what is to happen next. I will be taking a bit of time to rest and recover from the craziness of life that has been the past 3 months until I begin another big adventure that will last until early August. The details still need to be worked out, but this is the basic outline of what will be happening. I will begin a journey through South America that will eventually bring me to the YWAM base in Buenos Aires, Argentina. My method of travel will be bus. The route will be along the West side of South America, bringing me through Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, and Chile until I arrive in the final destination... Argentina. I will be connecting with the local YWAM bases in each country during this journey. This time of travel will be done with three purposes in mind...
  1. To build connections with the different ministries along the way, in hopes of having contacts for future work.
  2. To document the work being done by these different ministries, what their vision is, what their history is, and what their needs are... so that they can be connected with others who can support their ministry.
  3. To allow God to expand my world vision and to see how much bigger He is than I already know. This will be a time of big growth in my life as I see how God is at work in the lives of others.

A close friend of mine has donated a video camera to help this become a reality. As soon as that camera arrives I will leave from Costa Rica and start the journey to Argentina. I would have loved to return home to Minnesota earlier, but God has really put this on my heart and I cannot be disobedient. I will need support in prayer and finances as this is quite an undertaking. I will also be away from home for 4 months longer than originally planned and that means I don't have funding for those four months. I just know this is right though. I am excited to see how God will be at work during this time. I don't know all the details yet, but as I do I will keep this updated. Please pray. Prayer is essential. Peace.

-=Leshan=-

or

-=Andrew=-

No comments:

Post a Comment