often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

1.22.2007

Next entry will be from Kenya...

Dear Loved Ones,

I know I just updated the site, but I wanted to be able to write one last time before I left. So here I am, writing. As I explained in my last blog, we have a number of possibilities for a variety of different ministries that we may be able to help. The base we are staying at will be quite rugged and challenging for most of the team. The first few days we will be sleeping in tents outside the base because it will be full do to the conference they are having. After those few days we will be able to stay inside the base, which will be a nice change... although I really like camping. The base has no running water, so we will be using the outdoor latrine to do our business and we will be taking bucket showers to clean off. The base has no electricity, so it has to run a generator for three hours every night. Internet? Don't expect updates as often as I have been giving them, this has been an amazing blessing to have internet access the way I have. Updates might require a 45 min. bus ride into town, I'll do what I can though. We were prayed over by the base today, and I was given a word: to "always have my sword ready". So, I will be ready and try to be prepared for some spiritual warfare in Kenya. I am still praying as well about post-Africa plans. It is very likely that my return to Minnesota will be postponed. As soon as I know details, I will update the site. Please be praying for guidance in that area. Thank you all for your support, please keep praying for us as we head into some difficult areas. This is not a game. Peace and love.


-=Andrew=-

No comments:

Post a Comment