often times the seemingly mundane can provide a great deal of insight

11.19.2008

Same Church: Different Job




Dear Reader,

After a long year of learning and growing in my new mission field I have been brought into a new refreshing season of life. I had been working in the Student Ministry Dept at North Heights, where I worked with students in 7th-12th grade. This is a rather large sized group, consisting of somewhere around 600 students. I had a transition within Student Ministry where I became the Missions and Events Coordinator, being placed in charge of all o f the retreats and camps as well as all local and international outreach experiences for students in 7th-12th grade. Long story short: my job has undergone another change and I now work in the Global Ministries Dept. at North Heights, where I am the Outreach Ministries Coordinator for the Emerging Generation. The "Emerging Generation" consists of the Children's Ministry Dept, Student Ministry Dept, and College Age Ministry Dept. So, basically, I get to help coordinate local and international outreach opportunities throughout the entire church, with a special focus in College age and younger. Pretty sweet deal. I work with two other great people in the Outreach Dept. and am excited about what is happening at North Heights in the area of outreach. Lately I have been busy trying to connect our Student Ministry and College Age ministry with a couple of different ministries in Minneapolis. Things have been going well with this and I am particualrly excited about the partnership between our College age ministry and SOURCE, in MPLS. So, a new page has been revealed and I am thrilled to see what happens as the story unfolds. Something seems very right about this change.

1 comment: